MILPER Message 19-272 issued 03 September 2019
1. This message will expire one year after issue.
2. Per reference A above, all Silver Stars (SS) awarded by an authority other than
the Secretary of the Army (SA) will be reviewed against both Medal of Honor (MOH)
and Distinguished Service Cross (DSC) award criteria within 120 days of the date
approved to ensure the Service member’s gallantry in action does not warrant award
of the MOH or DSC.
3. Commanders who have been delegated authority to award the SS will forward
award packets no later than five calendar days following the approval authority’s
decision to U.S. Army Human Resources Command (HRC).
4. Award packets must contain at a minimum: Final DA Form 638 with signatures,
narrative page, citation page, permanent orders issued for the approved award,
record brief, witness statements, AR 15-6 results (required for posthumous awards),
sketches, pictures, diagrams, or any other documentation required to clarify the facts
contained in the recommended award.
5. In accordance with reference A, if the Army’s review results in a recommendation
to upgrade the originally awarded valor decoration, then the upgrade recommendation
will be based solely on the merits of the original recommendation (i.e., there is no
requirement to present new and substantive material information or evidence of an
error or impropriety in processing the original award recommendation). In such cases,
the initially approved valor decoration will be considered an interim award.
HRC will revoke the interim award if the recommendation to upgrade the originally
awarded valor decoration is approved.
6. The requirements above are effective upon publication of this message. Since
all DSC awards are currently approved by the SA, the requirements contained in
reference A, paragraph 4.7.a. pertaining to review of DSCs awarded by authorities
other than the SA are not applicable at this time.
7. These changes will be incorporated into the next revisions of reference B.
8. For clarification or questions regarding the action, contact the Awards and
Decorations Branch, AHRC-PDP-A, 502-613-9126Call: 502-613-9126, 983-9126
(DSN) or by e-mail at email@example.com.
See also Military Pay Charts >>
|Mandatory Review of Military Valor Decorations
Mandatory Review of Valor Decorations
This is not a Government Sponsored website
Army NCO Counseling Pack All in one Updated August 2019
Counseling Soldiers has always been a challenge for new Noncommissioned
Officers so our team of NCOs has created over 60 Counseling Statement
Examples with updated forms and regulations to provide all NCOs the best
resource needed to produce clean and to the point counseling statements.
Product features include:
- Over 60 Counseling Statement Examples in PDF Format
- Free Quarterly Updates sent to you by Email
- 24/7 Support via Email and Live Chat
- Download to your Smart Phone or Tablet so you can work anywhere
- Includes the Army Legal Handbook, Senior NCO and NCOER Guides
- Money Back Guarantee
New Product Sale $9.99 (Retail $59.99)
Time remaining to Order at sale price
Late For Duty
Under Age Drinking
Failure to Report
Diagnostic APFT Failure
Low APFT Score Prior to BLC
Overweight Prior to BLC
Failure to Conduct Risk Assessment
Disobeying an Order
Drunk on Duty
Letter of Reprimand
Negligent Weapons Discharge
Improper Use of Prescription Drugs
Off Limits Areas
No Contact Order
Family Care Plan
Initial Counseling PVT-SPC
Loss Military Property
Lost Military ID Card
Bar To Reenlist
Government Travel Card
Initial Family Care Plan
Invalid Family Care Plan
NCO Quarterly Counseling
AWOL Letter Home
AWOL Point Paper
GT Score Improvement
Off Duty Employment
Good Job Counseling
Good Conduct Medal Not Approved
Failure to Follow the Chain of Command
Includes the following Counseling Examples: