Secondary Dependents of U.S. Military Members
Custom Search
Secondary Dependents of U.S. Military Members
Requirements, application packages, hints (Army)
To be considered sufficiently dependent upon the member, the claimed
dependent’s countable income must be:

* Less than 50 percent of his/her expenses

* The member’s contribution must exceed 50 percent of the
dependent’s expenses. The law requires the individual to be “in fact”
dependent on the member, so the member’s contribution must be
more than one-half of the dependent’s actual monthly living expenses).

In the case of a deceased member, the application is submitted
including proof that the individual was in fact dependent on the member
at the time of the member’s death and for the preceding 12 months.

Get a list of
documents and forms needed for your secondary
dependency application. We've also made a list of
Helpful Hints and
FAQs you can use to make sure the information you submit is complete
and correct.

The following information will be needed as you complete your initial
secondary dependency claim or prepare to file a redetermination

Verification of income: If claimed dependent is over the age of 62; or
widowed and over the age of 60 and not receiving Social Security
payments, we must have a copy of a letter of ineligibility from the Social
Security Administration. Additionally, verification of all income received
by the dependent is required.

Proof of support: If the claimed dependent DOES NOT reside in your
household, one or more of the following are required as proof of

* AD (discretionary) allotment for the claimed dependent or claimed
dependent’s court-appointed custodian. A copy of your current LES
includes this information.

* Cancelled checks (front & back) to the claimed dependent or claimed
dependent’s court-appointed custodian.

* Money order receipts to the claimed dependent or claimed
dependent’s court-appointed custodian.

* Electronic transfers made out to claimed dependent or claimed
dependent’s court-appointed custodian.

* Copies of bills paid on behalf of dependent may also be used along
with proof of payment.

* If your dependent does not reside with you but lives in a home
owned/rented by you, a copy of mortgage statement or rental
agreement may also be used.

NOTE: Joint checking accounts, cash contributions, or purchase
receipts are NOT acceptable forms of proof of support.

BAH Dependency Redeterminations
Once your secondary dependency claim for BAH support has been
approved, you will be required to submit forms and documents to
maintain dependent status and eligibility. This MUST be done annually
in order to continue your BAH payments uninterrupted.

You will be advised of this requirement when your initial claim or
subsequent redetermination claims are submitted. Failure to submit a
redetermination claim when required will cause a reduction in BAH
entitlement and BAH will not be reinstated until a redetermination claim
is submitted.

IMPORTANT: Should your secondary dependents’ status lapse and
your BAH is stopped or reduced, you will not be authorized back
payment of BAH for the period during which the individual(s) were not
officially recognized as in a dependent status.

Keep it current! It is important to remember the status of all secondary
dependents should be kept current with the office maintaining your
claim.  If a secondary dependent dies, or their status changes, you
should send the appropriate notification  to your
service’s SDC office.
This is not a Government Sponsored website
Army NCO Counseling Pack All in one Updated February 2019

Counseling Soldiers has always been a challenge for new Noncommissioned
Officers so our team of NCOs has created over 60 Counseling Statement
Examples with updated forms and regulations to provide all NCOs the best
resource needed to produce clean and to the point counseling statements.
Product features include:

  • Over 60 Counseling Statement Examples in PDF Format
  • Free Quarterly Updates sent to you by Email
  • 24/7 Support via Email and Live Chat
  • Download to your Smart Phone or Tablet so you can work anywhere
  • Includes the Army Legal Handbook, Senior NCO and NCOER Guides
  • Money Back Guarantee

New Product Sale $9.99 (Retail $59.99)
Time remaining to Order at sale price
Late For Duty
Soldier Debt
Overweight Counseling
APFT Failure
Under Age Drinking
Failure to Report
Diagnostic APFT Failure
Low APFT Score Prior to BLC
Overweight Prior to BLC
Excess Leave
Travel Pass
Monthly Overweight
Safety Counseling
Magic Statement
Failure to Conduct Risk Assessment
Disobeying an Order
Drunk on Duty
Letter of Reprimand
Negligent Weapons Discharge
Emergency Leave
Motorcycle Safety
Redeployment Safety
Improper Use of Prescription Drugs
Underweight Counseling
Off Limits Areas
No Contact Order
Inappropriate Relations
Protective Order
Monthly Counseling
BLC Counseling
Family Care Plan
Initial Counseling PVT-SPC
Promotion Counseling
Loss Military Property
Domestic Issues
Lost Military ID Card
Bar To Reenlist
Government Travel Card
Corrective Training
Initial Family Care Plan
Invalid Family Care Plan
NCO Quarterly Counseling
Tuition Assistance
AWOL Letter Home
AWOL Point Paper
GT Score Improvement
Off Duty Employment
Initiate FLAG
Transfer FLAG
Marriage Counseling
Good Job Counseling
Good Conduct Medal Not Approved
Failure to Follow the Chain of Command
Late/Failed Appointments
Custom Search
Military Dependent ID Card