Placeholder canvas

Military Sop Loss Retroactive Pay, Army Stop Loss Pay

Stop loss retroactive pay.
The 2009 War Supplemental Appropriations Act established Retroactive Stop Loss Special Pay (RSLSP), providing
$500 for each month/partial month served in stop loss status. Service members, veterans, and beneficiaries of
service members whose service was involuntarily extended under Stop Loss between Sept. 11, 2001 and Sept. 30,
2009 are eligible for RSLSP.

To receive this benefit, those who served under stop loss must submit a claim for the special pay. Throughout the
year, the services have been reaching out to servicemembers, veterans and their families through direct mail,
veteran service organizations, and the media. But there is still money left to be claimed, and the deadline is
approaching. The average benefit is $3,700.

General Procedure
Individuals who meet eligibility criteria may submit an application between Oct. 21, 2009 and Oct., 21 2010. By law,
there is no authorization to make payments on claims that are submitted after Oct. 21, 2010.
Eligible members should print, complete and sign Department of Defense Form 2944, Claim for Retroactive Stop
Loss Payment.

Next, choose the appropriate method for submitting the claim form and available supporting documents based on
your service specifications. This information can be found on your service’s stop loss Web site.

Note on Eligibility
Effective Dec. 19, 2009, per the Defense Appropriations Act, stop-lossed servicemembers who voluntarily reenlisted
or extended their service, and received a bonus for such reenlistment or extension of service, became no longer
eligible to receive retroactive stop loss special pay.