A research study at the US Army Institute of Environmental Medicine in Natick,
MA is being conducted to determine the effects of eating the Meal,
Ready-to-Eat (MRE) military ration on gut health. To be eligible, you must:
– Be 18-62 years old.
– Be willing to eat and drink only MRE items for 21 consecutive days.
– Not be trying to lose weight.
– Be willing to give blood, urine and fecal samples.
– Not have a history of gastrointestinal problems.
– Meet additional screening criteria.
Study participation will last 6 weeks. You will be asked to continue eating
your normal diet for 31 d or to eat nothing but MREs for 21 days and then
your normal diet for 10 days. During the study you will visit our lab in Natick,
MA for ~3 hours 4 separate times.
We will also meet with you at our lab or at your home/place of work for 30-60
min at least 3 days/week during the study.
Data collection will include questionnaires, and blood, urine and fecal
samples. Volunteers will be compensated up to $200 for completing the
study. If interested contact Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org