1. This MILPER message will expire no later than 1 October 2018 or when superseded.
2. This message applies to Active Army Soldiers.
3. This message announces award of promotion points for the Air Medal with C device, Joint Service
Commendation Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Joint Service Achievement Medal, Army
Achievement Medal, with C and R devices.
4. During a routine promotion point audit of the Promotion Point Worksheet (PPW), it was discovered that
promotion points were not being awarded for the below military awards. A complete analysis of all
promotable Specialists (SPC) and Sergeants (SGT) with these awards and devices has been completed.
Soldiers that were fully qualified for a retroactive promotion to SGT and Staff Sergeant from May through
August 2017 were identified and corrective action has been taken to promote them. Soldiers in the ranks
of SPC and SGT will see awarded promotion points on their PPW as of July 2017 if the award was in
their personnel records in the Electronic Military Personnel Office (eMILPO). If they were in a promotable
status, they were considered for promotion with these additional promotion points for 1 September 2017.
AWARD CATEGORY AWARD TYPE PPW PTS
MILITARY DECORATION AIR MEDAL W/C DEVICE 20
MILITARY DECORATION JOINT SERVICE COMMENDATION MEDAL W/C DEVICE 20
MILITARY DECORATION JOINT SERVICE COMMENDATION MEDAL W/R DEVICE 20
MILITARY DECORATION ARMY COMMENDATION MEDAL W/C DEVICE 20
MILITARY DECORATION ARMY COMMENDATION MEDAL W/R DEVICE 20
MILITARY DECORATION JOINT SERVICE ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL W/C DEVICE 10
MILITARY DECORATION JOINT SERVICE ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL W/R DEVICE 10
MILITARY DECORATION ARMY ACHIEVMENT MEDAL W/C DEVICE 10
MILITARY DECORATION ARMY ACHIEVMENT MEDAL W/R DEVICE 10
5. If a Soldier would have met or exceeded the Headquarters, Department of the Army cutoff score for
their military occupational specialty, units may submit an administrative records correction in accordance
with (IAW) reference B above, paragraph 3-34 on behalf of the Soldier to the email below in paragraph 7.
6. Brigade and Battalion S1s, and Military Personnel Divisions must ensure they submit the appropriate
award transaction within eMILPO for Soldiers with one or more of the awards in paragraph 4 above IAW
the source document provided (Recommendation for Award, DA Form 638 or award certificate).
7. Point of contact for this message is the Human Resources Command, Junior Enlisted Promotions,
AHRC-PDV-PE, 502- 613-9013, DSN 983-9013, or by email at