What is Corrective Training?
Corrective training, instruction, or correction given to a Soldier to correct
deficiencies must be directly related to a deficiency. It must be oriented to
improving the Soldier’s performance in his or her problem area. Corrective
measures may be taken after normal duty hours.
Such measures assume the nature of training or instruction, not punishment.
Corrective training should continue only until the training deficiency is
overcome. Authority to use it is part of the inherent powers of command.
Care should be taken at all levels of command to ensure that training and
instruction are not used in an oppressive manner to evade the procedural
safeguards applied to imposing non-judicial punishment. Deficiencies
satisfactorily corrected by means of training and instruction will not be noted
in the official records of the Soldiers concerned.
* Correct the Soldier.
* Directly relate the training, instruction, or correction given to a Soldier for a
* Orient the corrective action to improving the Soldiers’ performance in their
* Know it is acceptable to take corrective measures after normal duty hours.
Such measures assume the nature of the training or instruction, not
* Attack the performance, never the person.
* Use corrective training in an oppressive manner to evade the procedural
safeguards in imposing non-judicial punishment.
* Make notes in Soldiers’ official records of deficiencies satisfactorily
corrected by means of training and instruction.
* Continue corrective training after the training deficiency is overcome.
* Give more than one correction at a time. Do not dump.
* Keep bringing it up — when the correction is over, it is over.
This is not a Government Sponsored website
Army NCO Counseling Pack All in one Updated March 2019
Counseling Soldiers has always been a challenge for new Noncommissioned
Officers so our team of NCOs has created over 60 Counseling Statement
Examples with updated forms and regulations to provide all NCOs the best
resource needed to produce clean and to the point counseling statements.
Product features include:
- Over 60 Counseling Statement Examples in PDF Format
- Free Quarterly Updates sent to you by Email
- 24/7 Support via Email and Live Chat
- Download to your Smart Phone or Tablet so you can work anywhere
- Includes the Army Legal Handbook, Senior NCO and NCOER Guides
- Money Back Guarantee
New Product Sale $9.99 (Retail $59.99)
Time remaining to Order at sale price
Late For Duty
Under Age Drinking
Failure to Report
Diagnostic APFT Failure
Low APFT Score Prior to BLC
Overweight Prior to BLC
Failure to Conduct Risk Assessment
Disobeying an Order
Drunk on Duty
Letter of Reprimand
Negligent Weapons Discharge
Improper Use of Prescription Drugs
Off Limits Areas
No Contact Order
Family Care Plan
Initial Counseling PVT-SPC
Loss Military Property
Lost Military ID Card
Bar To Reenlist
Government Travel Card
Initial Family Care Plan
Invalid Family Care Plan
NCO Quarterly Counseling
AWOL Letter Home
AWOL Point Paper
GT Score Improvement
Off Duty Employment
Good Job Counseling
Good Conduct Medal Not Approved
Failure to Follow the Chain of Command
Includes the following Counseling Examples: